Image by Beatriz Pérez Moya
 Frequently Asked Questions 

Information on performing your wedding:


You can contact us at 850-543-9204 or email us at Please be prepared to give us your wedding date, time and location so we can see if we have that date available. We will be happy to answer any questions about our services. We want to help you have a memorable day. Please remember that Saturdays are our busiest wedding day and do get booked fast so if you are planning a wedding on a Saturday please reserve your date early to ensure availability.

What qualifications do you have?


We have ordained ministers and notaries on staff to perform your weddings. We have been performing weddings over 10 years.

Can we get married at the location of where we are staying?


Yes. Please make sure you have permission from the Condo, Hotel or Beach House that you are staying at. Ask them if there is any additional fees to use their beach. Any fees required are the responsibility of the bridal couple. You can also have your wedding at Henderson State Park. The state park is the only place that partitions off a place for you on the beach.

We will gladly come to your beach house, condominium, or hotel to perform your ceremony. It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to determine whether the property is a wedding friendly property and to obtain any special permits or permissions which are required prior to the ceremony.

We suggest you inquire about permits and fees when you book your accommodations as well as inquire as to whether there are any specific limitations with regard to what is set up and where things may be set up.

Do we need a beach permit?


In Okaloosa County which covers Destin and Fort Walton Beach, state and county parks require a beach permit. If having it at your condo then a beach permit is not required. You have to get permission from the condo to have it there. If they charge a fee, then it’s the couples responsibility to cover that fee. 

In South Walton, private homes and condos on the beach also require a permit if over 30 guests. Our company has a vendor permit which is required to have beach weddings. Public beach accesses require a beach permit. If there are more than 100 guests, special security is required. Yours Truly Weddings can help you get the permits, but you will have to cover the fee.

Can we decorate on the beach or add to your decorations?


You can add to our decorations if it’s something simple like petals or sashes for the chairs because you have to have Liability Insurance which we carry for our props. You aren’t covered if you bring any additional props of your own.

What is the photo online download?


The photo online download is the photographers choice and we send you a link after they are edited. You do not have to use our photographer. You can also hire one on your own to bring to take your photos.

What is the sand unity and seashell/blessing stone ceremony?


The sand unity ceremony involves the bride and groom having their own vase of sand each and combining it in to the middle vase after the ring exchange to symbolize them becoming as one, similar to the unity candle ceremony that is performed in traditional churches. We give the sand after the ceremony to the bride and groom in a keepsake bottle for them to bring with them.

The seashell/blessing stone ceremony involves all of the bride and grooms guests to take a shell or stone from a basket after the ceremony and going to the waters edge to throw into the ocean after making a wish for the couple.

Can we write our own vows?


Yes you can. We provide ceremonies for you to choose from with additional ring and wedding vows and we can incorporate yours in our ceremony.

I am having an outside wedding. What happens if it rains?


We require you to have a backup location for the wedding if rain is in the forecast. We can help with that by having it at a park with a pavilion or moving it to the next day as long as we have open availability. You can also change the location or date with no extra fees charged.

​We do not give refunds if it rains. We never know what the forecast is but try to accommodate by offering to move the date for you because we pay our workers that day even if they don’t get the full day due to inclement weather.

Marriage License


You must obtain your marriage license and give it to us before your ceremony. See our Marriage License page for more information.

Forms of Payments or Cancellations


We send payments via Square invoices. We charge an additional $75 for Navarre and $100 extra for Panama City Weddings.


No refunds of deposits or payments in full, but you can change the date of your wedding for an additional fee of $200 as long as we have that date available. Also, if we can book another wedding in your time slot then we can refund your deposit. A 50% Deposit required on all other packages. Full balance due 30 days prior to ceremony.

Are there any additional fees or taxes?


All of our prices already include taxes, set up and break down fees. There are no extra hidden costs added on like service fees and additional taxes to our packages like a lot of the other local wedding companies.

Due to time constraints and scheduling, wedding ceremonies should start as close to the agreed upon time as possible, and no more than 15 minutes past that time. Late starts can cause problems for weddings booked afterwards. Yours Truly Weddings agrees to provide services to you at a specified time. Often we have other employees working for us and they must be paid for their time. Therefore a late fee will be charged for any wedding that does not start within 30 minutes of the specified time Over 30 minutes late, a $150 fee will be charged for every 30 minutes. Any wedding that has not begun within an hour may be rescheduled and cancelled with no refund at Yours Truly Weddings discretion. Emergencies do happen. We maintain a working relationship with other Officiants so we have a back up plan.